Also known as infant pillows, toddler pillows are designed to offer comfort and keep neck and spine of a toddler aligned. A toddler needs to sleep for 10 to 14 hours a day. This is very important for early brain development and physical development as well. Inadequate sleep can lead to mood swing and behavioral problems. Apart from this, inadequate sleep can also affect toddler’s ability to learn. Therefore, you need to be extra careful while choosing a pillow for a toddler. Wrong pillow can disturb the bedtime consistency routine. Feathers, down, foam or memory foam and synthetic fill are ideal for toddler pillows.
Here, it is important to understand that comfort is not all about how the head, back and other body parts are positioned on the bed. The skin of a toddler is very soft, sensitive and delicate. Some fabrics are too harsh and can cause various skin problems. Therefore, you should choose throw pillow covers made from soft fabric. As our mothers and grandmothers often say, cotton is the best fabric for toddlers. Even doctors recommend cotton clothing for toddlers. Similarly, throw Pillow Covers for baby’s pillows should be cotton covers.
Following are the reasons why cotton throw pillow covers are the best for toddlers:
- It is a natural fabric. Being a 100% organic fabric, it is ideal for gentle baby skin.
- Cotton throw pillow covers are very soft. Most of the other fabrics are harsh and cause skin problems. Cotton is not harsh.
- Cotton permits better aeration than other fabrics. The cotton throw pillow covers will keep the head, neck and shoulder of the toddler cool.
- As cotton is natural fabric, cotton throw pillow covers are non allergic. The toddler will not suffer from skin problems like eczema or rashes.
- Throw pillows covers made from cotton do not release any type of particulate matter. These particulate matters can trigger an asthma attack. Therefore, cotton throw pillow covers are perfect for toddlers suffering from asthma.
- Cotton is very durable material. Therefore, you need to change the cotton throw pillow covers less often.
- Cotton pillow covers are easy to wash and dry.
- A cotton pillow cover is very easy to clean. There is no need of using harsh soaps and chemical detergents to clean the pillow cover. Warm water and a mild baby detergent is enough to clean cotton pillow cover and other cotton clothes. You need not worry about skin problems due chemical detergents.
- All the synthetic fabrics get their good finishes with a series of chemical treatments. Chemically treated synthetic fabrics can cause rashes and some other skin problems. Cotton is not chemically treated. Therefore, cotton throw pillow covers cause no such skin problems.
- Organic cotton is grown without using chemical pesticides and fertilizers. Therefore, cotton throw pillow covers are safe.
When it comes to babies, no other fabric is as safe as cotton. That’s why most of the baby clothing is made from 100% organic cotton. So, cotton is the only right material for your baby’s throw pillow covers.
Author Rustam Fayziev has mastered the art of home décor and writes in his blogs about distinguish fabrics and decoration materials to help others to take benefit from it.